Terms & Conditions – Landscaping
Standard Terms and Conditions for Hard Landscaping
1. Love It Lawns provide hard landscaping services, such as patios, retaining walls and walkways.
2. Love It Lawns will always carry out a full site survey prior to providing a full written quotation.
3. The price quoted will always include all materials, labour, and VAT @20%.
4. Any additional work, goods or services that are required outside of those detailed in the quotation will be chargeable. However, any such work, goods or services will be discussed and agreed with the customer prior to any commencement of additional work.
5. DEPOSITS: No work will be accepted or booked in without a deposit of 20% of the total price of the job. The actual amount of deposit due is stated on your Quotation. (See charges and payment below).
6. The customer shall ensure that once an installation date has been agreed in writing the job can be carried out.
7. Love It Lawns will ensure that all attempts will be made to keep this date but occasionally due to the weather, late deliveries and jobs just running over, it may be necessary for us to change the install date. If this is the case, we will let you know at our earliest opportunity.
8. Prior to our arrival, please ensure parking for a van and trailer is available and that access to the garden is cleared to enable wheelbarrows and machinery to get to and from the garden.
9. All work undertaken will be as discussed and agreed on the site visit and detailed in the quotation.
10. The customer shall provide water and electricity, if needed, at no charge to Love It Lawns.
11. It is the obligation of you, the customer, to inform us, Love It Lawns, of any electrical cables or pipework in the installation area that could be damaged by excavations. We will endeavour to identify such issues during a site visit but cannot accept liability for damaged caused if not previously notified.
12. Love It Lawns will not be liable for any defects arising from the customers own actions or lack of care, including without limitation, inadequate watering, deliberate damage, removal or other abuse or damage caused by the customer.
13. All installation work carried out is guaranteed for a period of 2 years against faulty workmanship directly attributed by us. Any defects or issues arising within this period will be rectified free of charge. The exclusions to this are damage caused by natural causes such as ground movement or storm damage etc. or damage caused by the customer or lack of maintenance after completion.
14. Love It Lawns always uses reputable high-quality suppliers for the supply of materials. However, it is unable to guarantee their performance once it has left the site.
15. Natural products may show some colour and/or texture, spatial variations. Therefore, Love It Lawns cannot guarantee supplied materials are exact representations of any samples provided.
16. Wood is a natural product and is therefore susceptible to certain changes in an outdoor environment. Extremes of temperature or weather conditions will cause a reaction. Certain conditions may cause products to split, lose shape or warp. This is natural and in all but the most extreme cases, normal shape will be resumed. Love It Lawns cannot be held responsible for the above taking place.
17. In extreme changes of weather conditions, certain materials such as terracotta, natural stone and other paving can be affected, suffering damage if not protected. The Customer should take the necessary precautions to prevent damage as this is out of Love It Lawns Services’ control.
18. FORCE MAJEURE – Neither Love It Lawns or the customer shall be liable for any delays or failure to perform any of its obligations if the delay of failure results from event or circumstances outside of reasonable control, including but not limited to acts of God, strikes, accidents, war, fire, breakdown of plant or machinery, the act or omission of government, extreme weather conditions such as heat or flooding, highway authorities or any telecommunications carrier, operator or administration or other competent authority, or delay or failure in manufacture, production, or supply by third parties of equipment or services, and the party shall be entitled to a reasonable extension of its obligations after notifying the other party of the nature and extent of such events.
CHARGES AND PAYMENTS
1. DEPOSITS: No work will be accepted or booked in without a deposit of 20% of the total price of the job. The actual amount of deposit due is stated on your Quotation.
2. DEPOSIT PAYMENTS: This payment can be made by either bank transfer or by debit/credit card.
3. Pricing: The price for Goods and/or Services shall be the price advised by Love It Lawns when the Order was placed. Prices in the quotation will remain fixed for 3 months.
4. Any additional works, goods or services that are required outside of those detailed in the quotation will be chargeable. However, any such work, goods or services will be discussed and agreed with the customer prior to any commencement of additional work.
5. Title and ownership of materials and equipment will not pass to the client until payment has been received in full.
6. Love It Lawns reserves the right to:
(a) increase the price of the Goods, by giving notice to the Customer at any time before delivery, to reflect any increase in the cost of the Goods to Love It Lawns that is due to:
(i) any request by the Customer to change the delivery date(s), quantities, or types of Goods and/or Services ordered, or
(ii) any delay caused by any instructions of the Customer in respect of the Goods or failure of the Customer to give Love It Lawns adequate or accurate information or instructions in respect of the Goods or the provision of the Services.
7. Full payment for remaining balance is required on the day of completion of installation and can be made by cash, cheque, debit, or credit card or by BACs.
8. All amounts payable by the Customer are inclusive of value added tax (VAT) charged at current rate unless otherwise stated.
9. CANCELLATIONS – The customer has the right to cancel accepted work up to 14 days after acceptance of works by email or in writing, apart from when the accepted works are to be installed within this period when you will have deemed to have waived your cancellation rights by accepting the works.
All major debit and credit cards accepted